Board Meeting - Dec 15, 2022

The agenda for our next board meeting has been posted and can be found on the following link.

https://wiki.makeict.org/wiki/December_15th_2022#Area_Lead_Appointment

Agenda items:
-2023 Budget Review
-Interim Security Chairperson Appointment
-Code of Conduct Policy Revision
-Mt. Vernon Signage
-Area Lead Appointment
-Surplus Auction
-Approval of 2023 Meeting Dates

Code of Conduct Policy Revision being considered
Member Privacy/Reporting:
Current code of conduct: " We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of MakeICT members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent."

Suggested Amendment: Add to second sentence “At our discretion and after a substantiated investigation,”

5 Likes

re: the amendment to the Code of Conduct - an email still needs to go out to the folks who were at the meeting, but this was what I was planning to suggest as an amendment (more inclusive of all the comments):

“We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. Investigations will be kept as confidential as possible. At our discretion, the results of substantiated investigations may be made public if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of MakeICT members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent. Nothing in this section precludes contacting the police or other legal authorities when indicated.

5 Likes

Jewelry lead?

2 Likes

wow… I missed adding that to the list. MAtherton - are you up for being the 2023 Jewelry Area Lead?

1 Like

Im beginning to wonder if any of my emails or forms ever go through.

Yes. I’ll be sending the lab budget tonight. In triplicate so chances are better one might make it through.

4 Likes