Belt sander

Does anybody know why the belt sander is locked out?

Is slowed down and stopped, a member reported. Might be full of dust or something else. Havent had a chance to diagnose

1 Like

I noticed that the belt is all the way against the side of the housing. I wonder if it’s possible for that to slow it down. I wouldn’t think so, as I would expect it to just tear up the belt and move on but maybe a possibility.

@Jesse I would say the vee belt is shot!

1 Like

LOL! thanks for checking. Glad it’s just a belt :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would like to add a few turns of tape to the middle of the upper wheel when it’s convenient to see if we can make the tracking more stable. The belt was hard against the left side and it takes constant adjustment to keep it from going off either side. Most people seem to just let it go to the side and wear a groove in the metal.

1 Like

If you think it will make it better, I’m in. I can try to get a belt this week.

2 Likes

Ok, I added a few turns of tape to the middle of the upper roller. Hard to say if it made much difference as the sanding belts don’t stretch much but turning by hand, it seems to stay put.

On another note, if something is locked out, it’s locked out for a reason. But I arrive to find it plugged in? It’s padlocked now. I’m assuming Jesse has a key, as a lead. If not, message me and I’ll come up.

1 Like

Thats ridiculous someone took lockout off, it was on yesterday when I took the belt off. I didn’t know where the locks are, but I do have a key. The belt should have a tracking adjustment.

Thanks Dave

3 Likes

I adjusted it to track true as I could spinning it by hand. I’ll be interested to see how it runs once the new belt is on it. There should be more padlocks, but there was only one on the lockout shelf.

1 Like