BakeICT

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article265726396.html
JK

6 Likes

I’ve read the test strips also detect carfentanil, which makes them even more important. Carfentanil is also in Wichita (a client is on medical staff at the jail and he’s seen it) and is FAR more deadly than fentanyl. It’s reserved for animals like elephants.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why fentanyl test strips were criminalized in the first place…no ones been able to provide an answer that wasn’t word salad.

4 Likes

I’m sure it was an attempt to provide more charges that law enforcement could throw at people they wanted to prosecute, the assumption being that possession of the strips implies illegal drug use (at least illegal sourcing of prescription controlled substances). Counterproductive in the end.

4 Likes

The reason Fentanyl test strips were criminalized as paraphernalia was that allegedly dealers of opiates would use them to “prove” their wares were potent.

While I suspect no such use was ever widespread, legislatures respond to police requests for legislation without often questioning the reasoning much.

Were law enforcement agencies wanting an easy add on when test strips were found? Probably.

Were law abiding citizens claiming legitimate reasons to have test strips? Nope.

Should users of illegal drugs have a simple way to avoid a fatal overdose. I think so.

5 Likes

Punish the lower class…got it. :sweat_smile:

Sorry that was a bit of a dumb question.

4 Likes