AV Photography Group

I’ve recently finished an AV class. I’ve realized I don’t really have the space at home to record my video for my sewing training. I know there have been others who have shown interest in an Audio Visual space. It be nice to start forming that group now for the new space. Who’s interested?

5 Likes

I did several classes on this during high school so i would be more than happy to help out. I know how todo green screen, lighting, editing and a few other things

3 Likes

I’m curious if someone can teach Video Editing with Final Cut Pro?

2 Likes

I do have a mac i could bring :thinking:

Not sure how it would handle it but FCP is beyond easy to use

1 Like

I’m not in a big hurry. Talk to you about it next time I see you. Are you planning on tomorrow night? If so, come back and I teach you how to turn a wooden Christmas Ornament.

John

1 Like

i am up for it. Does someone want to make us a meeting? (I am trying to avoid being the head of any areas until after my last term of the board is up)

2 Likes

I’m just trying to encourage these things to be more than talk.

Everyone interested should definitely get together, even if only by email, and form a committee. I obviously am seriously overcommitted, but if everyone willing to join that committee would put their names down in this thread, it would be easy to set up the first committee meeting and get this idea sent to the Board. It might even be possible to plan for the necessary space before we move in to the new building. So I guess I’ll put my name and contact info down first. Please do the same if you’re interested in having an A/V area (podcast studio, YouTube studio, production studio…you get the idea)

David Springs - david@makeict.org

1 Like

I am in as well ladeana@makeict.org
and if I can get 5 folks interested, I will make us a meeting.

3 Likes

i’m going to try and be an instigator but watch from afar, but if you find yourself short I can sit in. What other ideas can I stir up…

• I am interested in forming a AV/Photography group
  • I am interested but dont plan on being active
  • I am not interested

0 voters

Sorry I opens to this and tried to scroll with my finger and where I touched the screen it registered my vote. I’m actually line 2.

your allowed to change it

I was and am on mobile it’s not giving me a option, that I can find to update. I’ll have to try from my computer later.

It looks like Hide Results witll give you the option to change,

2 Likes

I should probably mention that I envision this group to include

• Podcasts
  • Youtube
  • Classic Photography
  • Film making

Possibly also

• music

Do you think Music belongs in the makerspace? Should it go into a group on its own?
Should the focus be making musical instuments? Creating dompositions?

1 Like

I have some interest… but not as a primary hobby, I already have too many…
I would like to go to some classes but I don’t have much time to participate in much else.

Basic photography and youtube classes would be what I’m mainly interested in.

I know a number of people who would also be interested in youtube classes but they’re not makeict members. Their videos would be based around flying ‘drones’ through First Person View (FPV).
Having a class that would cover the software (Most use Davinci Resolve), how/where to get the music (Copyright free), how to make an intro and even how to post on youtube would go well. It could really be a generic ‘Youtube’ class for any topic.

That’s my perspective at least…

I’ll be on the Committee if it helps get this off the ground

Is this for like creating podcast? I think with our limited budget podcast might help get our name out there. A good example is waltons inc they do simple pod cast and how too videos on thier meatgistics podcast would also be awesome for reference knowledge base info

Anything Audio/Video plus Photography, I’d think. That would include podcasting, YouTube video creation, much more. I could see us using a good studio to create audio versions of books, mix sound for videos, or even record music. We could create our own promotional videos as well as audio and/or video commercials, too.

2 Likes