Art at home

I saw a post today and it made me think about what we as a makerspace could do for our members that are not only missing the space but are also needing something besides surfing the net. Could we distribute clay, art supplies, or some kind of maker activate kit? Could we ask who’s in need and pair them with someone from the space who says they are willing to help?

1 Like

Wonderful idea. I ended up asking John Nichols to borrow a lathe and was able to scratch my itch in my own garage. Thank you again John.

1 Like

The makerspace here I Hutchinson is selling kits. I think it’s a good idea. What kinda kits you have in mind?

Clay for hand building
Drawing supplies
Embroidery
Simple electronics
Selling is good idea, but I was more thinking of our members who are out of work and need something to occupy their hands. I’m taking project supplies to a couple of friends who are self quarentined next week. I thought we might do same among our makers.

There is a similar program for veterans. I’m not a member but have considered donating to it. Simple leather work would be a positive addition. Never discount knitting.

Electronics would have to be all breadboard stuff. Arduino nano and some leds with resistors soldered to them, make them blink.

Tin can votive candles. Use a nail to punch designs in the can.

Screen printing with hodgepodge and pantyhose…

2 Likes

Was thinking about this and sillywinks is a super easy way to get into leather. You can cut out the patterns on the foam cutter, 3dprint a dozen needles in about an hour, put the foam, yarn, and needles in a bag with some instructions. They can decorate with googly eyes, foam shapes, marker, whatever.

2 Likes