App Icon for Ants

Has anyone elses app icon become a bit of an eye test?

Screenshot_20220912-150406_One UI Home

3 Likes

Here is mine. Samsung S8 edge

···

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022, 15:08 Michael Atherton via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| MAtherton Jewelry Lead
September 12 |

• | - |

Has anyone elses app icon become a bit of an eye test?

Screenshot_20220912-150406_One UI Home

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

SmartSelect_20220912-151142_One UI Home.jpg

2 Likes

Nope. What OS/app are you using? I assume it’s just a browser link of some kind. The browser typically just grabs a site icon and uses that. Pretty sure we haven’t changed any of that in years.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20220912-155055

On my Pixel 6.

2 Likes

What web browser?

Chrome.

It goes weird sometimes on my PC with Chrome. It tends to look like one of the other icons though. And then it just gets better.

1 Like

Yes. Two different Discourse forum links that I use

have done that recently.

[Unmodified Android 13 launcher on Google Pixel 6a]

2 Likes

Samsung Note 9, Android 10 with Firefox as the browser.

I thought it was supposed to be only the head of the robot.

Nokia 7.2 Android 11 Chrome Browser

Galaxy S9
Its the app that you can grab from the website.
Ummm…
::shrugs::
Edit:: looks like its a chrome extension thingy.

1 Like

It’s shrinking…

1 Like

So, at least for me, the app became non-functioning after the logo became not much bigger then a pin head. Had to uninstall then reinstall.

1 Like

Was it at least 3 times bigger after you re-installed it?

Seems like it’s a bug with Chrome on Android. The “app” that gets installed is just a link to the webpage in Chrome, just without the URL bar and menus and such.

I did find a discussion on Discourse Meta that indicates it has been confirmed as a bug in a Google APK. It is a pretty amusing issue.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20220917-184102_One UI Home

It has become adequate.

2 Likes

it’s too small for me now… also: notifications have stopped working.

1 Like

Well, you can uninstall and re-install like Michael did and that will probably fix it. Not much we can do about it on a larger scale. Just have to wait until Google fixes the APK.

2 Likes

A few days ago, I uninstalled, reinstalled, and fixed it. Now it’s like, OH NOOO00ooo°°°… Shrinking again.

I know we can’t fix it. Just thought it was funny and wanted to share. :rofl:

3 Likes

SAME. I suspect it will be a continuous loop of shrinking and reinstalling until they fix the bug.

2 Likes

At least it’s a completely painless “reinstall”. All you have to do is go to talk.makeict.org in a web browser, hit the three dots in upper right corner and hit “Add to home screen”, confirm and drag it to wherever it was. (The option to add to home screen shouldn’t be displayed until you “uninstall” the existing one).

1 Like