Anyone want to tackle this in 150 words

THE PEOPLE YOU SERVE (150 words)Discuss the people that your organization serves, invests in, or represents. Who are these people? What are the obstacles they face?

We’re 90% done. Kez and LaDeana Have been helping me but this is where I’m stumped and all those demographics we don’t collect would really come in handy.

I would say something about empowering innovators, inventors and creative people with the equipment they would otherwise not have access to.

1 Like

At $25 month, it’s a low barrier to entry

My attempt, would probably help if I knew how this is being used.
----------cut here-------------------

MakeICT serves innovators, hobbyists, inventors, artists, craftspersons, and others by providing access to tools, samples, ideas, work areas, and collaborators at low cost, and from diverse areas of expertise, while having fun.

Our investment is in the entire community, both by assisting those who use our facility to make things, and by providing educators, librarians, entrepreneurs, and others with assistance in providing encouragement, demonstrations, and information to their clientèle.

Obstacles we help overcome include cost of equipment, lack of feedback when working in isolation, lack of experience when wanting to select various ways a thing can be made, high costs of vocational training and sometimes high costs of professional consulting with unpredictable value.

Always we strive to treat everyone excellently, to show everybody how to make safely, and encourage all to become a Maker.

1 Like

Love it, will take that use it and give you credit. Thanks @mikeb

It is a grant application from the ZuckerbergChan initiative. I will post what I stuffed in there before I saw this if I can get the stupid website to respond

1 Like

We directly serve our members

ranging in age from 16 to late 80’s.
who are artists, innovators, engineers, musicians, housewives, business owners, retirees, unemployed and more.
We invest in them by

Creating a stimulating environment full of equipment
Fostering the sharing of knowledge.
And they share

Creating little free libraries and classes on how to make them
Creating 260 classes in a year for the membership and community at large
Creating the bicycle powered device that powers the band at EcoFest
Creating a wind tunnel with the Society of Women Engineers to demonstrate lift in paper airplanes
Bringing in the Wichita’s young entrepreneurs to screen print T-shirts
Bringing in the girl and boy scouts to make T-shirts, jewelry and more
Creating spectacular awards for the local Tall Grass Film festival with etched glass in a hand made wooden box
Obstacles:

We need more space and more members to do more

Note for anyone doing a grant… be done way before the last 4 hours. Sigh.

Not sure if I can get Mikes stuff in there… we may have to go with what I made up. I am still trying to fix a few things… but it is fighting me.

But that is how me and Emily C. did it last time lol.

replaced my words with Mikes… hopefully it takes… sigh.

sent, received, and PDF sent to admin list.