Anybody know why this is in the Garden?

We have a potting bench that is more ergonomic (with a sink and a nice granite top) next to the garden shed already. This one would have to be moved weekly to mow under to keep the weeds put of the center.

2 Likes

I would say if the metal shop could make a giant base for it with a rotating axel we could have the world’s largest garden hose reel…but it would have to be powered because I can’t move that thing more than a few inches by myself. I definitely don’t want to have to mow around it all spring/summer/fall.

2 Likes

did some googling, its for steel cables. i dont know why itd be at makeict though

2 Likes

I will get it moved. I think I know who brought it

5 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Just a general PSA to anyone who might see this: no matter how good your intentions might be, please stop dropping random objects off in the garden space. It’s to be treated no differently than any other area at MakeICT. Would you drop that off in the metal shop without permission? No.

5 Likes

Don’t drop it off in electronics either please

···

On Wed, Jan 18, 2023, 11:36 Sean Sandefur via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| SeanSandefur MakeICT Member
January 18 |

• | - |

Just a general PSA to anyone who might see this: no matter how good your intentions might be, please stop dropping random objects off in the garden space. It’s to be treated no differently than any other area at MakeICT. Would you drop that off in the metal shop without permission? No.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

6 Likes

Heh. Stuff just shows up in areas all the time. Though, admittedly, not usually that large/heavy.

3 Likes

Large landscaping rocks, a broken large plastic storage bench, and the giant flat blueprint file cabinet that appeared in classroom 1 are a few other surprise donations leads weren’t consulted about. Basically a lot of large items over the past year.

3 Likes

Should this issue be talked about in orientation? I dont remember going over any sort of donation process, and if we did it was likely very brief.

2 Likes

The challenge with orientation is the information is overwhelming and quickly forgotten when you don’t immediately use it. That’s why we mention the Wiki so often, because even long established members need to refer back to details of policies they don’t frequently use. So if it was added, would everyone remember it? I felt pretty overwhelmed myself back then.

4 Likes

Thats true. For members who don’t often look at the forum is there a way of doing a sort of PSA?

2 Likes

We can print something for the entryway bulletin board

1 Like

Doesn’t make it right.

2 Likes

Those flat files can be quite valuable. City Blue sells used ones and puts a ridiculous price tag on them. If MakeICT doesn’t need it, it’s probably something that can be auctioned off.

2 Likes

I think, people as myself, I am not used to WIKI format. I have been able to avoid it until now. Some of us don’t spend time reading as much , for a wide assortment of reasons.

We have, I believe this, a huge battery of talent and the switch needs connected. More diodes , less resistors. Maybe a capacitor or two.
Be aware, I know only a touch of jargon, I just made that speech up. LOL

Everyone sees the potential knows there is room for improvement. It’s ok to test the “waters” first. Helping is so simple, thats why children like to do it , if it remains fun.
Maybe that is why it starts with “babystepping”

3 Likes

I actually really love this idea.

1 Like

I have posted a PSA to our social media MakeICT - PSA: While we are makers and we love to... | Facebook

3 Likes

I would love to take that thing home if no one else wants it.

1 Like

It was removed last night so it’s no longer at the space.

2 Likes