Amazon Smiles Day

Twice a year I have to tell Amazon I want to continue supporting MakeICT through their Smiles Program. Here’s my support so far.

4 Likes

I SO wish that if you’re registered on Smiles that it would automatically redirect your Amazon browser links. Hm… maybe there’s an extension for Chrome.

EDIT: And here it is!

3 Likes

I only use the app and it always donates.

2 Likes

You have to turn it on in the app?!? For the past year I’ve done all my purchases were going toward helping makeICT and NOTHING! WHY?! Absurd! Not to mention the fact that they bury it in the app where it’s impossible to find.

2 Likes

I feel your pain. Amazon has several practices that I dislike. yesterday I found I have a subscription to a video service I don’t recall ever signing up for…but I cannot cancel it through the app. :rage:

1 Like

Go to smile.amazon.com as your link. Also you can set your phone to automatically do it now… it used to be a pain in my backside on the phone…

My small contribution

2 Likes

2 Likes

So my $0.88 is pretty low. Guess I need to spend more money.

Hey … every little bit helps. Give yourself a high five.

1 Like

Yes! I will send you my address for shipping!

1 Like

I added a Chrome extension that redirects ALL links to smile.amazon.com. It works GREAT. Takes the hassle out of retyping links… I wish Amazon would make it automatic if you’ve designated a charity, buuuut no.

1 Like

If you use your phone app, you can set it to be automatic.

You actually have to activate it in the phone app, too. I found this out after a year+ of spending. After that, you have to go back to the app TWICE a year to renew your commitment. What the…!!!

To find the smiles, I used the search box in the app and searched for “Amazon Smiles”…

Then had to turn it on…

THEN I checked the “Learn about renewals” link and found renewals are REQUIRED TWICE a year.

Amazon sure doesn’t make it easy.

I’m not ready to admit that I have a bit of a spending problem… but of the $94.57 that MakeICT received the quarter, I just found out that $37.44 was generated from my purchases JUST from this quarter. Yikes!

Not to worry, though… I just added a pair of scissors to my shopping cart and Amazon’ll have them here by tomorrow!

Come to think of it… I do need to order some other office supplies.

3 Likes