A little help, please

I just got a pressing board that the prior owner did not prepare with heat resistent material. That would have been fine with the number of layers of batting she did use EXCEPT she used steam which created a bubble. (Delaminated the first layer of plywood) I do not want to cut that first layer if I can help it. Do we have anything that we can inject glue with to fix the bubble? I will be replacing te covers with heat resistent materials. Thanks.

2 Likes

There are certainly more experienced “real” woodworkers here, but I would actually think steam and something to press it flat again would be a starting point. Then glue or epoxy it. Is there something special about it that makes cutting a new one undesirable?

1 Like

It is a small bubble and There is no point in wasting wood and I CAN live with it but was hoping there was something “simple” to repair it.

1 Like

When you push on the bubble, will it push down?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Inject CA glue and press until dry

1 Like

What product should I get?

1 Like

Super glue and hypodermic needle. I can bring you a syringe and needle tonight if you need it. The farm stores have them:Tractor supply or Atwoods

1 Like

That would be great. Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry couldn’t make it. Will drop it by in the morning.

1 Like

Thanks, you could leave it in Textiles in a bag with my name on the quilting shelf next to the thread.

June Huie

Huie BizTech Consulting
jhuie@huiebiztech.com

316-641-8635
Business and Technology Consulting for Today and into the Future

···

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023, 9:04 PM Jesse Schlenker via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Jesse
March 7 |

• | - |

Sorry couldn’t make it. Will drop it by in the morning.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

It’s there in a zip lock

1 Like

Great, thanks.

June Huie

Huie BizTech Consulting
jhuie@huiebiztech.com

316-641-8635
Business and Technology Consulting for Today and into the Future

···

On Tue, Mar 7, 2023, 8:53 AM Jesse Schlenker via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Jesse
March 7 |

• | - |

It’s there in a zip lock

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like