400v power supply

Sure, we’ll just say we’re trying to help you find your teeth brushing helmet.

So I guess I’ll spill the electrified beans…

I’m building a roadster from scratch while making use of the drive train off of a certain electric car company. I was hoping to have everything together and have the wheels slowely spin at Maker Faire, but I’m realizing that’s just too much to take care of while trying to keep someone from clamping their hands firmly on the end of a bright orange cable carrying 400v and possibly a few hundred amps…

So yeah, I guess I am looking for a Simone Giertz style project now that kids can play with, learn and have fun with, with a bit of my own personal flare to it.

1 Like

Tiny electric cars with lemon batteries?

I may have gone off the deepend…

I think I figured it out my project for this year’s Maker Faire! How to make a robot/dragon claw with a servo and a 555 timer!

So I can pickup 100 breadboards for pretty cheap, print off how to layout the circuit and glue that to the breadboard, 3d print a robot hand/ dragon claw, and watch kids have fun going Frankenstein with their 1st mad scientist laugh as they bring their creations to life! Mwahahahahaaaa!

Just yeah… gotta find 100 servos for dirt cheap and make it all happen.

3 Likes

Rusty, that powertrain sure is purdy! What’s that separate bit sitting on the back of the pallet?

It’s a ‘small’ tesla drive unit… stock, those little units put out just under 300hp.