3d printer build

Building a voron 2.4 and to the point of installing octoprint and klipper. Raspberry pi 4 and Octopus 1.1 boards. If there is anyone that can set up a time to meet and guide me through this process, so i can see it done and ask some questions along the process please message me. Thanks guys
Jeremiah Wood

I recently went through this process for my own Voron build (though with a Fysetc Spider main board) and could probably help you out.

I could meet you at MakeICT tonight around 6 or later. Or any time after about 1pm on Sunday.

1 Like

Hey kip. If we can share some contact info and set something up.

I have been thinking the mk3s is just too small. Did you buy a kit or source the parts?

It was a kit through 3d printer bay. At the time identical to formbot 3d. 3d printed parts were $100 plus shipping through voron’s print it forward. Its a 350mm build. If i get the software and firmware installed, it should be nice to print with.

2 Likes

@Kip

You said you were not sure you were not sure you would recomend a voron kit. If you had it to do over what would you put your $1000+ on?

To be clear, I don’t not recommend them. It really just depends on your goal.

I bought a 2.4 kit because I had watched a review of one and thought it would be a fun thing to build and a cool printer to have. And while physically building it was mostly enjoyable, the software configuration really kicked my butt. And tuning any printer is not necessarily something I enjoy (I don’t hate it, it just doesn’t feel super fulfilling for me personally), so I’m not heavily motivated to do that part. So mine is currently less of a really cool, really fast printer and mostly just a big printer.

Was it $1000 (ish) fun/cool for me? Probably not.
Would a Voron 0 ($400 ish) have been just as fun/cool/fast? I don’t have one, but I expect so on the fun/cool.They’re definitely capable of being faster than the 2.4 due to the gantry having less mass.
Do I need a 350 mm cube build volume? Almost never.

So, to answer your question, I probably would have purchased a V0 kit instead and saved some money. :slight_smile: But I didn’t see a review of a V0, so I wasn’t thinking about having a V0 at the time I decided to buy a Voron. :upside_down_face: That’s my personal “use-case”/experience though, so YMMV.

3 Likes