2019 Notice of Annual Meeting

To all members, volunteers, donors and supporters of MakeICT,

Our annual meeting is a yearly gathering to assemble, review activities of the past year, celebrate, discuss, and vote on the future directions of the organization.

This year’s meeting will be:
Sunday, June 9th 2019
5pm-8pm
Hyde Park Building
201 S Greenwood St

We will be open for setup indoors starting at 4:30 pm. We will eat and relax, then start the meeting portion around 5:30pm. There is no cost or registration. Please plan on bringing some food to share for the potluck.

There are no procedural changes from last year’s annual meeting. Voting will be held electronically, so you do not have to be at the meeting to vote as long as you are a voting member in good standing in accordance with our bylaws. We are currently using SurveyMonkey to manage this process - it sends a unique URL to each email address, which helps us ensure that each member is only submitting one ballot. If you have opted-out of SurveyMonkey emails, you can opt-back-in: https://www.surveymonkey.com/user/email-opt-in/ 2

MakeICT is governed by a board of directors. With the exception of the immediate past president, each position is up for election every year: president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, and four at-large directors. Any voting member can run for these positions or nominate another member. Self-nominations are accepted as well. If an incumbent president wins the following year’s election, there will be no position of immediate past president that year. Directors cannot be elected to more than 3 consecutive terms.
Nominations are open until the end of the annual meeting. Send your nominations to election@makeict.org and refer to the “Leadership” topic at talk.makeict.org for updates.

We will be using approval voting for all board positions this year, meaning you can vote for all candidates you approve of and the candidate with the most approvals wins.

Questions for the board member candidates to answer are on our wiki. Each candidate will post his or her answers as a thread at talk.makeict.org 1 where you can reply with follow-up questions before the election: http://makeict.org/wiki/Elections_-_Questions

The agenda for the meeting will be finalized by Friday, June 7 and published here: http://makeict.org/wiki/2019_Annual_Meeting 3

This page will also serve as a place for the minutes after the annual meeting.

As always if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I hope to see many of you at this year’s annual meeting.

Kim Burton
President, MakeICT

3 Likes

I’ll be out of town on this date :frowning:

Is there any way we could setup some kind of stream for those who can’t attend in person (Google Hangouts, Zoom, anything at all)?

1 Like

We have talked about Youtube or Facebook live.

I think either of those will probably work. Will anyone be monitoring it for remarks from remote attendees?

I can do that

1 Like

We need a volunteer with a hotspot to make sure there’s internet available.

Can’t we get one on loan from the public library at certain branches?

Friends, I am changing the location of our makerspace to MakeICT, 1500 E Douglas. I am certain that with how open the coworking area is now, we can fit the 30-50 people who usually attend the annual meeting (last year I counted 35). I will need help setting up tables of course, but I’m looking at a nice clear area right now with seating for 20, if we take over the gallery too it’s not hard to double that for the meal, then folks can gather in more if they’d like for the presentation.

Solves the wi-fi problem for sure!

That’s going to be one miserable, sweltering meeting. In June. Here. With 50 people. In the late afternoon.

The front area is air conditioned. Also we didn’t reserve Hyde park and I have to make the decision today, so I’m making it.

Hyde Park is available, as long as we confirm by Tuesday.

I still think we should have it at the makerspace, but does anyone want to be a tie-breaker? Need to post by 5pm.

Well, you already have my vote. Hyde Park. I have talked to Alan at the park board and he will hold it for us until I get him a check.

Okay, @rustin.atkeisson texted that he votes hyde park, so I’ll change it again.

and… we’re back to needing a wifi volunteer.

Fastest way to get the right answer on the internet is to post the wrong conclusion.

Hyde Park is confirmed, and the rental and deposit have both been paid.

Hello all! We could use some volunteer help for the meeting - who’s available?

Setup tables and chairs - be there at 4:30 pm
Bring a hot spot and set up wifi
Greet people coming in, give directions and organize food setup
Photographer for our big group photo that we’ll be remembering!
Cleanup crew

1 Like

Would love to help

I’ll be there at 4ish after Textile Tribe, with web cam and microphone. I might be able to pick up a hot spot from the library Saturday.

Ok I’ll be there four going to try to make it to textiles also.

1 Like