2019-2020 Annual Meeting and Board Election Results

We have confirmation from all members, so here’s the results of the election: https://makeict.org/wiki/2019_Board_Election_Results

With 126 total votes cast:

President: David Springs
Vice-President: Alysa Bumgarner
Secretary: Rustin Atkeisson
Treasurer: Devin Halsey
Director at Large: Malissa Long, LaDeana Dockery, Josh Robinson, Scott Sullivan

Aside from the board election, There were no other items up for vote.

As per the bylaw changes, they will take office on July 1st. (As will Kim Burton, as immediate past president.)

Thank you to everyone who volunteered and served on the board, as it’s a fairly thankless, stressful volunteer job. Also, apologies on the delay in getting this sent out, we wanted feedback from all members of the committee.

5 Likes

Congratulations to everyone**, and I honestly want to thank everyone who was willing to put in the time and effort to run for office. It tells me that you care about what happens to OUR makerspace, and that bodes well for us!

Thanks also to our Election committee for your diligence in handling the nomination, election, tabulation, and notifications. I know that the work you have done is kind of behind-the-scenes, but it is a lot of work. Your efforts are vital to our group, and they are truly appreciated.

** (except Devin, God help you. You have my condolences. :sunglasses:)

1 Like

Also, to note, that this was post of the election results. The non-elected position of immediate past president is Kim Burton, once July 1st rolls around.

1 Like

Congrats to the winners! Always try to be realistic with your goals, and set aside self for what’s best for membership (if you don’t know what that is, ask them). Here’s to hoping for a bright future!

3 Likes

I second @David sentiment and look forward to working with old and new board members alike. Thank you, @jameslancaster, @Ken, and @barb for your service this past year.

1 Like

Hey, congrats to the new board members! It’s great to see all these new faces on the board!

3 Likes

Congrats New Board Members! Looking forward to getting to know you all better. Good luck on all future endeavors!!

2 Likes